Friday, April 23, 2010

My first pick-up

I picked up my first share during my lunch break yesterday. Since I've been thinking about this for a while, I was ready to actually get my stuff. It's still early in the season so we aren't getting a lot of stuff right away, but here's what I came home with this week:
  Fresh spinach
Bibb lettuce (two heads)
Watercress and green onions
And a chicken, it's frozen and still wrapped but I felt like I needed to provide a visual of the size.

I also got honey and a loaf of homemade bread that did not make the photoshoot. 

But you can probably guess that I had a salad for dinner tonight. I actually left work in time to actually come in my house before Bible study (a rare thing in the last couple of weeks), and I managed to mix up a honey vinaigrette dressing for my salad. I'll share the recipe next week, it was really good.

I'm accepting suggestions for what to do with watercress, right now it's just an addition to my salad.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! That is so neato Liz! I would love the recipe for the salad dressing! Miss you all and hope to be back to Bible study in a couple weeks! Yay! Blessings, Lauren Carroll

    ReplyDelete