Thursday, September 6, 2012

It's starting

The blur that will be September has already started. With three weekends out of town and one working weekend, it is going to be a crazy month.

J and I started it off by traveling to Tennessee over Labor Day weekend. I don't think I've ever made that drive to spend only two non-driving days there, but it was all we could manage and only driving half of it made it easier.

I had a great time showing off my hometown to J. For the last seven months, he has shown me everything he can think of around our area in Missouri, so I finally got my turn. We saw the tourist things (Chattanooga Choo Choo, Rock City, the Incline, the art museum, downtown, etc.), and I also showed him all of the schools I went to, the church I grew up in, and the great views just down the street from my parents' house. I did forget to take him down the W road, so that will have to be on another trip.

Seeing seven states at Rock City

J also got to meet one sister, my best friend, grandparents and extended family. And J really enjoyed spending time with my family. My extended family is smaller than his, but he still did better than me about keeping people and names straight. There are still more people for him to meet, but by the end of the month, we'll have most of them covered. I am looking forward to those two trips later this month, it's just going to be hectic.

The semester is off to a decent start. I'm adjusting to my new schedule and figuring out how to be a student again. I still can't believe it when I set my alarm for 5:30 a.m., but I might just turn into a morning person by the end of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment