Monday, July 19, 2010

What do I do with these?

So based on the emailed list of what I was getting this week, I wasn't sure my pickup was worth a post.

But then I got these:

Nectarines

And these:

Plums (apparently yellow ones)

Granted I got some good tomatoes, corn, cucumbers, blueberries and lettuce. But I was thrown by the nectarines and plums. I don't think I've ever had either of these fruits.

But I have tried both now. I do like the nectarines, maybe better than peaches as far as eating them plain, and the plums aren't horrible but I'm not sure I can just eat them all plain. So I am open to suggestions and recipes.

Otherwise this weekend I found a good balance between some downtime and recovery from my cold and some good time with friends. I didn't do much cooking, but I'm hoping to find some motivation this week.

2 comments:

  1. plums make really great pie, and both make excellent jam. Freezer jam is very easy, and requires no special equipment.

    http://allrecipes.com//HowTo/freezer-jam/Detail.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grill the plums on your grill pan and put in a salad.

    ReplyDelete