Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A weekend away

I think I'm slowly recovering from the time change, but I've been dragging all week. I'm glad to see the sun today and feel like spring is really here. The 80-degree temperatures I expect to enjoy this weekend will help too.

I spent the weekend in D.C. visiting a few friends. It was a great weekend away; there was shopping, lots of walking and good food.

My best friend from high school took me to a Mediterranean tapas restaurant because, as she said, I'm not picky anymore. She further expanded my adventures in food with our meal. Of course, the one thing that was totally new to me, I forgot to take a picture of. But I ate lamb sliders, probably the first time I've had lamb since I went to Switzerland at 13, and this was in a form I was much happier with. Of course, I did scrape off the spicy sauce they had on it. Here are photos of the other things we had, all taken with my iPhone in a dark restaurant:

I don't remember what this cheese was called, but they set it on fire before serving it to us. I wasn't fast enough with my phone to catch it on camera.

Asparagus with goat cheese, two of my favorite foods.

Calamari, this is something I love to order in restaurants, and these were really good.

On the way home Sunday, it was absolutely gorgeous and I took a small detour and shot some photos of the beautiful mountains and countryside. I love visiting our nation's capital, and I did pretty well navigating my way around, but it's always nice to come home to my town in the mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment