Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Life at 90%

I can't believe it's the 9th of March, and I'm just getting up my first post for the month. I feel like I've been running at about 90% lately. I get motivated and get about 90% of whatever I'm doing done and then lose motivation and fail to finish the last 10%. I have to admit this isn't really a new development, it just seemed more apparent this week. A few examples:

There are three blog posts that have been 90% finished for a week, but they still aren't completely finished and obviously haven't been posted.


On Saturday, I posted on Facebook about what a productive day I was having. In addition to some fun things, I cooked and did laundry. And while I completed all of the cooking, I went to bed with dishes in the sink and my kitchen in chaos. As for the laundry, I got farther than usual but here's what my drawer looked like:


On Sunday, I decided to start two sewing projects, and I got to 90% on both before stopping. Some of it was out of my control, I didn't have a good spot to hammer in eyelets since it was raining outside. But it was also because the other project got complicated, I got frustrated and gave up for the day. Now I'm afraid these projects are just going to mock me for the next few months.


So I'm pretty much resurfacing today with nothing to say. But hopefully, I'll start finishing up some of these things and have new posts this week.


Oh, one other thing, remember my visitor from a few months back? You probably thought the raccoon was gone; I knew he wasn't but had convinced myself to believe that he was. But last week I couldn't deny the racket he was making and I cried for help, i.e. emailed my landlord. Apparently, this is a smart and quick raccoon, he took the food, tripped the traps and got away with it three days in a row. I'm told they're going to try something else, in the meantime, I'm trying to ignore the scratching of claws I hear in my living room.

1 comment:

  1. This is a common problem for Ps. You are in good company. :) Here is what one website says the prayer of the INFP is: "Please help me to finish everything I sta..."

    ReplyDelete