Monday, November 7, 2011

Finally

I'm so glad to know that other people enjoyed My Boys. Thank you for sharing :)

Well, I felt an earthquake on Saturday night and then Mizzou joined the SEC Sunday morning. Made my restful weekend a little more eventful.

While I'm glad the SEC announcement finally happened, I could have picked a better time for it, such as this morning. I didn't go into work, but I did do a few things at home before church.

Of course, whether I'm at work or not, this type of thing brings out the news junkie in me. I was watching the press conference on TV, and had about seven tabs open in Firefox watching various Twitter feeds and a live chat for one of the local TV stations. And I proceeded to follow all of this for an hour and a half on my living room couch.

I grew up in the SEC in a family of Alabama fans. And I have to admit part of the appeal of Mizzou was that it wasn't in the SEC. I considered myself to be leaving the South. So it does seem weird to be here as all this is happening. The good news is that if I end up moving back to the East Coast, I might be able to see Mizzou play in future seasons. But I have trouble seeing Mizzou really compete in football against the SEC teams.

But at the end of the day, I didn't really care either way. I was just tired of waiting on the announcement and having to constantly have a contingency plan. Of course, it happened when we don't have a print edition the next day after weeks of days when we were desperate for some kind of news to put on the front page. But it has happened, and this week will stay pretty busy.

One other random thing: I love central time, and I love gaining an extra hour in the fall. But the end of daylight saving time and central time means it is pitch black at 5:30 p.m. I'm not a fan of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment