Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cooking for camping

One of the things that has always made me nervous about camping is the food, mostly because I'm such a picky eater. In my previous camping experience, I had little control over what we were eating.


But this time everyone on the camping trip was responsible for their own food. We did share what we brought, but I found it comforting to know I had things that I liked. But I shouldn't have been too worried, we ate really well.


I took asparagus and zucchini along with some olive oil and spices. I wrapped them in foil and stuck them in the fire. They came out roasted perfectly.




My camping companions had some pretty cool sandwich presses that we could use to cook over the fire. So we made pizza sandwiches, mine turned out perfectly.




Others not so much:




And what dinner in the woods would be complete without some wine — in a juicebox!


And finally my dinner was complete when I had the perfect s'more. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to recreate this.




And now that I know food is not something I have to worry about, I'm looking forward to going camping again, though next time I will remember my earplugs.

1 comment:

  1. Look how beautiful all of it is too! I just noticed that the box the s'more on has the picture of the s'more bars. Funny and appropriate.

    ReplyDelete