Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A little taste of fall

This post is going to turn into one of those I love where I live posts, so if you're bored of reading those, you can skip it.


We got a taste of fall this weekend, and while the temperatures have returned to the 90s, fall is definitely coming and I'm so glad. Fall in this part of the country is the best season, and it is absolutely beautiful here when the leaves change.


And this weekend I got to take advantage of the great weather. I pulled out my bike for the first time since I don't remember when and went on a gorgeous ride. It was intense, but totally worth it for these views.




I got to spend some good time with friends eating outside, enjoying frozen yogurt (I might have gone to the new place twice) and walking on my favorite trail.


I also went out to a drive-in to catch Ramona and Beezus with a friend. This was something that has been on my list to do all summer, and we had the perfect weather for it. We had the windows down and actually got cold the later it got.






I thought I needed to get out of town for the weekend, but I'm so glad that I stayed in town and enjoy a pretty perfect three-day weekend all within a 50-mile radius of my house.  And it has me looking forward to fall!


Also in case you were wondering, most of the watermelon has been distributed. I gave away huge chunks to whoever would take it. I pureed some of it and made popsicles that taste pretty good. So at this point I've gone from this:




To the two tupperware containers with chopped watermelon and popsicles. And yes, I'm tired of watermelon, but I've had a lot of good laughs from the ridiculousness of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment