Wednesday, March 21, 2012

And some news...

The other day I got a notice that a job I had applied for over a year ago was open again. (Well, they never filled it the first time but …) At the time I had convinced myself it was a dream job for me, but when I got the alert, I had no interest in applying for it.

There has been a lingering question about what's next for me, and as August started sneaking up, I had to pay more attention to that. But over the last couple of months, a few things have come up that I was interested in, and I had a vague plan for some combination of working and going to school for my masters.

And while I was feeling very blessed that things seemed to be dropping into my lap, I still didn't want to give up my dream job that I currently have. The past seven months have been the most fun and challenging of my professional life. I love all the different roles I have, and I really love this newsroom and the students I work with. I know for a fact there is no place like it.

For a few weeks, there has been chatter about me getting to stay for another year. It is absolutely what I hoped for, but I was trying not to get my hopes up.

On Monday morning, I got the official word that I do get to stay. (My boss and I sealed it with a high five.) I am thrilled and feel very blessed that this is how it worked out. 

I'm also relieved I don't have to move again this summer. I had been hoarding boxes just in case, but they went out with the recycling this morning. And I'm accepting visitors through August 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! So glad you get to stay with this job another year. Love that you sealed it with a high five too. Haha! Perhaps when tickets dip below $500, Katherine and I can start talking about visiting again!

    ReplyDelete