Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring break

It's still weird to me that things like spring break are back in my life. Unfortunately, spring break doesn't actually mean I get the week off work. It actually makes my work schedule crazier. But I don't have to teach class, and I have a few days off.

I decided I wanted to get out of town (without actually spending the night out) and do something fun. So I spent Monday in St. Louis. I think I've mentioned before that friends of mine from Georgia live there. I took their two older kids to a museum. It was really fun, and the kids were great.

 A butterfly and Iron Man with the "pretend" fire truck.

I loved that in a room with huge blocks, a ball pit, a slide and more, he found a book and sat down to read.


The most interesting part of the museum is the huge structure outside. It's hard to tell from this picture, but it is all really high. I think it would be frightening for me if I was by myself.


After the museum and catching up with the grown-ups, I did some shopping and met up with a college roommate for dinner and drove back home.

It was a fun day and a nice day away from everything. I went more than 12 hours without checking work email, which is some kind of record for me. And I was off Twitter all day, another rare thing.

The rest of the week I'll be working odd hours and using off time to catch up on stuff for class.

No comments:

Post a Comment