Friday, April 1, 2011

Heavy heart

It's been a hard week. There's stuff going on in my life, but it's nothing compared to what happened to a family at my church this week. A family that lost a grandson (son and nephew) a few years ago in an accident lost another one in another horrible accident. 


I've watched this family from afar since moving here, and I got to know them a little better this fall. The grandparents have sent their children out into the mission field abroad and stateside. They have been a mainstay at my church for a long time and have a heart for the young singles of the church. One of the first social events I attended here was at their house.

When I learned their story, I was even more amazed at their faithfulness and trust in the Lord. And my heart is breaking for them as they go through this again.


I really don't have much else to say, I've just had a heavy heart for them this week. I did want to share a post from my friend Jawan about the importance of community in our churches and believing in God's goodness. She's several states away and knows nothing of this situation, but her words hit home for me this week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Liz. When tragedy has struck the lives of my friends (especially in death), the church has been their support and encouragement in the gospel. We miss you and love you still. Praying for your church body.

    ReplyDelete