Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's almost time!

In just over a week, I get to pick up my first share of the season from my co-op. I can't wait!


A few of the things I'm looking forward to:
  • Bibb lettuce, with the exception of a salad bar at a place downtown, I've avoided salads because I'm just disappointed with the lettuce. And I think I caught myself drooling when this picture came in my email today:
  • Asparagus, I've tried buying some at the store but it is not nearly as good as what I get from the co-op.
  • Zucchini, I am dreaming of sauteed zucchini and squash with some pasta.
  • Spinach, I regret wasting my spinach at the beginning of the season last year, but now I know the best way to eat it is sauteed in butter and garlic.


There are plenty more things, but those are the things I expect to see in my shares soon. Aside from the actual food, I'll be glad to have some motivation for cooking again and maybe even some inspiration for the blog. 

Now here's the list of stuff I won't miss.
  • Deciding what I'm going to eat
  • Wandering the grocery store aimlessly
  • Paying too much for strawberries and other produce that isn't that great
  • Eating casseroles for a week straight
  • Resorting to cereal or oatmeal for dinner
In other random news, the caretaker for my house/apartment has planted a garden in my backyard, as in spinach, broccoli, lettuce, etc. So I'm wondering if there will be an extra bounty for me to enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment