Monday, January 3, 2011

Looking back and forward

I got behind on blogging and just decided to enjoy my time with family instead of blogging last week, so this post about 2010 is late.

I have to say 2010 has been a really good year for me. Over the last year, I really settled into my current city and found some great friends. I challenged myself to cook more by subscribing to a co-op and discovered I enjoy cooking and blogging about it. I picked up some other hobbies along the way.

Not everything was perfect, and I have struggled with my own sin and certain circumstances. But God has met me where I am and showed me the freedom of the Gospel.

I had some cool experiences and stepped out of my box, even went camping twice. I've gotten to spend some great time with family and celebrated a new addition.

I'm a little sad this year is ending, but coming off a good year means hope that 2011 will be even better. I'm not really one for resolutions, but I have been thinking about some things I've wanted to do and feel a new year is a good time to start them.

Here's my quick list:
Memorize Scripture
Return to the gym
Monitor my spending and save more
Make better use of my time

Happy New Year to all of you and best wishes for 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment